Front yard

Hi guys,

I was wondering if it's common in American English to call "Front yard" that part at the front of a house where many people have their gardens or the entrance to the house (building).

Thank you in advance.
  • pops91710

    Senior Member
    English, AE
    Yes. Most American homes with yards (aka: gardens in England) are called front or back. Front yards are between the street and house and back yards are behind the house.