Full sentence outline, Thesis statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Aupick

UK, English
    It sounds like you're supposed to summarize the thrust, the essence, the core ideas of your essay in a single coherent sentence. What's the context?

maxiogee

Banned
    English
    Can you give us more detail, please?

It appears that someone might be writing about a one-sentence synopsis of a learned thesis, but there's not enough information to be certain.

Goldie1

USA ENGLISH
    I have to write a full sentence outline, thesis statement, and working reference for a persuasive essay about controversial television advertising,
    I'm lost.

maxiogee

Banned
    English
    I imagine that the request is for complete sentences outline the points you intend to cover - not just bullet points.

The "thesis statement" is the gist of your intended argument.

I'd refer back to whoever set the exercise for clarification if I were you (and if you haven't left it too late!).

Aupick

UK, English
    You basically need to write an abstract, an outline, a synopsis, a summary of the main thoughts, the gist, the thrust of your argument, in complete sentences as maxiogee says (not in a single sentence, as I guessed in my first post). It's the kind of paragraph that begins: "In this essay I will argue that advertising violent video games to children is reprehensible and should be outlawed by the government. I shall base my argument on reports that show that the psychological development of children is blah di blah di blah..."

kishy

English
    I have to write a full senctence outline and thesis statement on "Poverty in America", please give me an example of how to do this.

panjandrum

Lapsed Moderator
    English-Ireland (top end)
    kishy said:
    I have to write a full senctence outline and thesis statement on "Poverty in America", please give me an example of how to do this.
    Welcome to the forums kishy.
    Giving examples such as this is not within our scope.
    The comments in this thread will give you some idea of what our members consider a full sentence outline and thesis statement should be. We cannot help you beyond that.

momwgreatkids

English/ United States
    I am also having trouble doing full sentence outlines and thesis statements for my pergressive essay. I think with the full sentence outline we have to keep the sentences short and be able to back it up.

tommy7ft

English/ USA
    mom with kids: what is a "pergressive essay"? I'm not being negative. but even if you say "progressive essay," i'm still a little unclear.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    < Previous | Next >