Fully maintained lawn

< Previous | Next >

failbetter

Chinese - Mandarin
Hello,

Could anyone suggest what a FULLY maintained lawn means in the following sentence? The source is a marketing article for a home builder.

The Townhomes of Brandon Pointe takes low maintenance to a high level, with fully maintained lawns and community amenities right next door that are sure to please families of all sizes.
Is there such a thing as a partially maintained lawn? But who would like a partially maintained lawn? Or does "fully“ mean that the maintenance work will be left wholly to the home builder, without any cost to the house owner?

Thanks!

• JustKate

It reads to me as though the homeowner won't have to do anything to the lawn at all - that the housing association or whatever will pay someone else to take care of it, and that would include not only occasional tasks such as fertilizing but also the frequent tasks such as mowing. That's what I think they mean by "fully."

JustKate

Oh, definitely. Interpreting the rather fulsome writing typical of promotional materials is often tricky. They make it difficult on purpose sometimes, but this particular line seems pretty clear.

failbetter

Chinese - Mandarin
    It reads to me as though the homeowner won't have to do anything to the lawn at all - that the housing association or whatever will pay someone else to take care of it, and that would include not only occasional tasks such as fertilizing but also the frequent tasks such as mowing. That's what I think they mean by "fully."
    Thank you. :)

< Previous | Next >