función ambientadora

qepoasiuy

español, Argentina
I need a valid translation into English of one of the five functions of evaluation according to Hamodi et al: "ambientadora"
1. Formadora (Formative), 2. Reguladora (Regulating), 3. Pedagógica (Pedagogic), 4. Comunicadora (Comunicating), 5. Ambientadora ( ? )
Thanks a million!

• qepoasiuy

español, Argentina
    It might help others give an answer if you told us what you think ambientadora means in this context.
    You are right. This function of formative assessment is explained as follows:
    "It allowed for the creation and strengthening of a sense of community of learning: uni, bi, and multidirectional communication was encouraged through collaborative, group, and paired tasks."
    Hope it helps!
    Is "learning environment creator" a possibility?

Bmm5045

USA - English (Northeast)
    This certainly seems to be a framework that is being proposed by the authors, and not in common use even in Spanish. If you could send the article that you're translating/working with, I might be able to help more, but for the sake of parallel structure, I would just go with "environmental."

qepoasiuy

español, Argentina
    This certainly seems to be a framework that is being proposed by the authors, and not in common use even in Spanish. If you could send the article that you're translating/working with, I might be able to help more, but for the sake of parallel structure, I would just go with "environmental."
    Yes, it was proposed by the authors. I attach the article. You will find the term in the chart on page 150 (the fifth page of the article).
    Thanks a million.

Attachments

• v37n147a9.pdf
      324.5 KB · Views: 11

Bmm5045

USA - English (Northeast)
    I guess I'm confused. In the original post, you said you're looking for a translation of "función ambientadora", but then in the next one you gave the context of "formative assessment" (in English). The former is not an established term, while the latter is well known by almost everyone in the education field.

The only mention of "ambientadora" in the article you shared says "Ambientadora: crea un ambiente escolar determinado," which is not really helpful. "Un ambiente escolar determinado"? :confused: :confused:

Sólo puedo entender que esta función "ambientadora" significa que el proceso de la evaluación formativa contribuye a la meta del profesor de lograr cierto ambiente, pero no describe qué sería ese ambiente.

LVRBC

English-US, standard and medical
    In line with the style of your other four listed functions, I would use "orienting."