Funniest home video in America

charlie2

Hi,
The captioned is the name of a television programme. People (not professionals) send video tapes of the funny moments in their daily lives to compete for a prize.
How do we say that in German? Das komischste (Home?)Video von Amerika?
Thank you.

• Lykurg

German
    "Amerikas lustigstes Amateurvideo" (or "Amerikas komischster Amateurfilm") sounds slightly better than "Das komischste Homevideo von Amerika", but it would be fine, too.

charlie2

"Amerikas lustigstes Amateurvideo" (or "Amerikas komischster Amateurfilm") sounds slightly better than "Das komischste Homevideo von Amerika", but it would be fine, too.
    Thank you Lykurg.
    One more question: Using "film" does not necessarily mean that it has to be a video, does it?
    By the way, I don't mind reading responses in German. Not at all. The efforts are for my benefits.:)
    Edit : The correct name of the programme is America's Funniest Home Video. Well, I don't normally watch TV...

Lykurg

German
    One more question: Using "film" does not necessarily mean that it has to be a video, does it?
    Das stimmt - Film hat auch die Bedeutung Spielfilm, also eventuell einen höheren Qualitätsanspruch als ein "echtes", nicht inszeniertes Amateurvideo. Aber ich finde diese Unterscheidung nicht so wichtig.

gaer

US-English
    Das stimmt - Film hat auch die Bedeutung Spielfilm, also eventuell einen höheren Qualitätsanspruch als ein "echtes", nicht inszeniertes Amateurvideo. Aber ich finde diese Unterscheidung nicht so wichtig.
    Hmm. "Homevideo" appears to exist.

Results 11 - 20 of about 2,590 for "das Homevideo".

Can you work that into a translation, or does it just sound too weird?

Gaer

Lykurg

German
    I already suggested "Das komischste Homevideo von Amerika", Gaer. Since German tv directors love to use anglicisms, this title probably would be chosen - but I prefer some of the alternatives.

boyaco, "häusliche" doesn't fit too well - one would expect cooking and ironing scenes, only. ;)

< Previous | Next >