Future tense

europefranc

Italian
Hi everybody,

which is the difference between the 4 kinds of future (present continuous, will, simple present, going to)?

Thanks a lot, have a nice Sunday.

• Present Cont. - used when talking about future planned actions, E.g. I'm flying to Madrid tomorrow (you've already booked a ticket, arranged meeting there and so on)

Future Simple (will) - the most common usages:
    - decisions taken at the moment of speaking
    - speaker's determination, e.g. I will finish it no matter happens.
    - predictions, assumptions, fears, hopes, speculations
    - future habitual situations
    - in conditional Type 1
    - formal announcement, weather forecast

Present Simple - used when sth comes out of a schedule, TV programme, calendar etc. e.g. The train leaves at 5 o'clock.

Be going to - used either to show intention or when we are assume something is going to happen, for example Look at those clouds! It's going to rain.

basil_a

italian
    present continus is for program actions, going to is for intenctional actions, will is for future actions that the speaker decide to do when he speak and the prsent is for actions that are whit another action. example: i'll phoned you when i get home. (if you're italian, ti telefonerò quando tornero a casa). i think it's true.

basil_a said:
    present continuous is for program actions, going to is for intenctional intentional actions, will is for future actions that the speaker decides to do when he's speaking and the present is for actions that are whit another action. example: i'll phoned you when i get home. (if you're italian, ti telefonerò quando tornero a casa). i think it's true.

Just tiny corrections. :)