FY14 April – August period

aburto.alberto

Spanish
English - English (word order)

The baseline study to be conducted in the FY14 April – August period will enable us to measure monitoring and evaluation indicators for the 3 projects that comprise the programme to be implemented in the second phase.

My question here is:

Does the expression 'FY14 April – August period' is Ok. in English or should I say in the period of April - August of fiscal year (FY) 2014?

Suggestions, comments and corrections are appreciated.

• Sympathy

English (British)
    If the FY begins in April 2014 I should say "in the April-August of FY14-15" or "in the first five months of FY14-15". If it began in January, perhaps just "from April to August 2014".

In the UK FY is usually "financial year", or (if the reference is to taxation) "tax year".

aburto.alberto

Spanish
    Hi Sympathy,

Right, actually, I guess, it is the me FY: Fiscal year/Financial year.

Below you will find the source text:

1. Estudio de la línea base

La línea de base que se desarrollará entre Abril y Agosto del AF/14. Permitirá medir los indicadores de monitoreo y evaluación en los 3 proyectos que conforman el programa a implementar en esta segunda fase.

Then as you see actually the FY does not begin in April. What they mean is that the study will be developed in that period April - August of FY14 and as previously said I am just looking for a way to say it more natural in English.

Suggestions.

Sympathy

English (British)
    Thank you for the whole sentence in Spanish; that makes it easier. Say "... between April and August of FY14".

< Previous | Next >