Gaelic/Irish: Ta an Ghaeilge ansin

• cutypie_ie

Ireland english/Irish
    fireyredhead19 said:
    okay so i've tried all the so called gaelic translators but nothing has worked hopefully there is someone out the that can help me
    hey fireyredhead it just so happens i work in an irish nursery school and gaelic is a big part of my life

Fergus

Ireland - English
    Ta me ag foghlam gaeilge!

I call myself an Irishman...both my parents are Irish, but I was brought up in England (is as Londain me ach nil is Sasnach me!:) )

Whilst I was actually on the site to do research for my job (German Translator) I was wondering if I could find other Irish speakers or learners.

I am doing a masters on Minority Languages in Europe and at the moment I am particularly interested in Irish speakers outside Ireland..Is there anyone out there?

Fergus

Ireland - English
    further to my last request I would actually be interested in details e.g. Are there schools for Irish outside Ireland? How many people are trying to learn it? Where are they? do they have Irish roots?

I'm also interested in The Irish nursery schools. I'd really appreciate some info. Feel free to email me on mlp208@bangor.ac.uk if you don't want to post the details on the forum.
    Thanks everyone this would really help my research

utopia

Israel, Hebrew
    I think you should go to an irish Gaeilge forum - daltai . com

And there's lot's of people there who speak it or read it originally that is or learners. Try your questions there.

Brioche

Australia English
    Fergus said:
    Ta me ag foghlam gaeilge!

I call myself an Irishman...both my parents are Irish, but I was brought up in England (is as Londain me ach nil is Sasnach me!:) )
    If either of your parents was born in Ireland, you are automatically an Irish citizen, no matter where you were born.

Brioche

Australia English
    Why does Irish spelling/pronunciation have to be so impossibly difficult?

Why is the ag in ag foghlam is pronounced eg?

Supposedly, narrow with narrow and broad with broad, so why ansin?

Also, why isn't is either pronouced ish, or written ios?

< Previous | Next >