garantisce un risparmio economico

< Previous | Next >

Nat Ly

Romanian
Hi guys,

I am translating a leaflet about electronic cigarettes from Italian into English. Since I am listing all the advantages, I have a doubt about the following phrase: "garantisce un risparmio economico". My version is "guarantees saving money" but I am not sure.

If there is anyone that could give me an opinion I would really appreciate. Please try to put it in a phrase that start with a verb, otherwise i will have to change the rest of the text.

Thanks a lot and looking forward for your replies,

Natalia

• Tunalagatta

English - England
    Hello,

Is that a stand-alone phrase (e.g. in a list of bullet points) or is it part of a longer sentence? If it is just a bullet point, I think I'd say, "Guarantees savings" (that it refers to money would be obvious to an English speaker).

Nat Ly

Romanian
    Hi Tunalagatta,

yes this is a stand-alone phrase. "Garantisce un risparmio economico" is one of the advantages listed.

I would like to point out "money", do you think it is bad to keep this word? (Just so non English natives could understand)

However I like the way you put it: "Guarantees savings" sounds very simple and clear!

Thanks a lot especially for the prompt reply!!! :)

Lazzini

I would like to point out "money", do you think it is bad to keep this word?
    I think I would agree with Tunalagatta, on the grounds that anyone who can understand "Guarantees savings" Will also understand that this means money. If you really wish to keep the word money, you could perhaps say:

Guaranteed to save you money.

Nat Ly

Romanian
    Guaranteed to save you money.
    [/QUOTE]

I will think about using "Is guaranteed to save you money"

Thanks for your opinion ;)

rrose17

Canada, English
    I agree with "Guaranteed to save you money" In advertising language you might also see "A guaranteed money saver!"

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >