Garanzie reali e personali

Jelsah

British English
Hi everyone on WR,
I known this has been dealt with in a couple of other threads, neither of them really reached a proper conclusion so I wanted to drag this up again because I have come up against this for the umpteenth time.
I am translating a CERTIFICATO DI ISCRIZIONE NELLA SEZIONE ORDINARIA (GENERAL BUSINESS PERMIT) and in the OGGETTO SOCIALE (corporate purpose) amongst other things it says that
"la società può concedere opportune garanzie mobiliari e immobiliari, reali e personali......."
I have always got stuck on "garanzie reali e personali" ......so I looked up a previous thread by "candleinthewind" and then I had a look on Wiki and Proz. It looks to me like the concept is an Italian legal one which doesn't quite seem to be identical in the British/US/Australian system??
Wiki describes a "garanzia reale" as two things - "pegno e ipoteca" - so translating each one separately that would be "loan secured by collateral" and "security interest in real property" (this first part is backed up by Kudos)
Whilst it describes "garanzia personale" as what I translated as "a co-signed promissory note" or "surety".
So, to conclude, for once the Italian is quite snappy and the English rendering I make as quite long and drawn out (but I would hate to miss anything in this legal stuff)

LA SOCIETA PUO CONCEDERE OPPORTUNE GARANZIE MOBILIARI E IMMOBILIARI, REALI E PERSONALI -
THE COMPANY MAY ISSUE APPROPRIATE FINANCIAL AND REAL-ESTATE WARRANTIES, LOANS SECURED BY COLLATERAL AND SECURITY INTEREST IN REAL PROPERTY AND CO-SIGNED PROMISSORY NOTES....

Anyone got any better translations??
Have a good Sunday!!
Jelsah:)

• Jelsah

British English
    Hi Meminao,
    Thanking for reading me and trying. I have translated "garanzia reale e personale" literally in the past, but I cannot find any convincing specific references to it on the net. Wiki talks about surety bonds, but nowhere does it talk about "real and personal surety bonds" whereas anyone in the know in Italy knows that "a garanzia reale and personale" refers to something quite specific......
    Which was why I was anxious to be specific in English so that the English speaker reading the translation was quite sure of what it was about...
    Jelsah:)

< Previous | Next >