Gender-inclusive consultation

Jin akashini

vietnamese
Hi every one,

I would like to ask you meaning of the word "gender-inclusive consultation" in this sentence.

"The design and implementation of the Resettlement and Ethnic Minority Development Pla pay adequate attention to gender concerns, including specific measures addressing the needs of vulnerable women, gender-inclusive consultation, information disclosure, and grievance redress mechanisms, to ensure that both men and women receive adequate and appropriate compensation for their lost property and resettlement assistance, as well as assistance to restore and improve their incomes and living standards."

Thanks,

• dojibear

English - Northeast US
    It is not a standard English phrase. It appears to be a recently-invented buzzword. In recent years activists have created many new terms and concepts relating to "gender". You need to find someplace that defines such terms, in order to learn the correct meaning of this one.

Jin akashini

vietnamese
    It is not a standard English phrase. It appears to be a recently-invented buzzword. In recent years activists have created many new terms and concepts relating to "gender". You need to find someplace that defines such terms, in order to learn the correct meaning of this one.
    Oh, I see !!! Thanks,

Hermione Golightly

British English
    Please give us the source. It often helps us to give the best answer and is a forum requirement.
    Here's one definition, which expresses my own idea of 'gender inclusivity' which means far more than consulting with women as well as men. (My italics)

Inclusivity, in its very definition, means to be open to everyone, and not limited to certain people. From a gender standpoint, this means that these services, establishments, schools, practitioners, government agencies, etc. are all welcoming of all kids, regardless of their Gender identity and/or expression.
    (What We Mean by Gender Inclusive)

Jin akashini

vietnamese
    Please give us the source. It often helps us to give the best answer and is a forum requirement.
    Here's one definition, which expresses my own idea of 'gender inclusivity' which means far more than consulting with women as well as men. (My italics)

(What We Mean by Gender Inclusive)
    Thanks Hermione Golightly, I see what you mean. This sentence comes from my documents (I translate this document but I don't know who prepares it, so sorry, I haven't have a link :( I just met this phrase once in document).

< Previous | Next >