get a piano player in here

< Previous | Next >

emre aydın

Turkish
A young singer is going to record an album and a producer helps her. She tells him about her somewhat tragic relationship with her mother as he listens to her and at the same time plays around on a piano.

Girl: You think you can get a piano player in here?
Producer: Now?
Girl: Yeah, I think now's probably best to put it down.

(Nashville)

1) I think "put it down" is referring to "writing a piece of music", right?

2)So "piano player" means a piece of music to play by piano and what does "get in" mean in this context?

Thanks for your help.

• waltern

English - USA
    She is asking if he can get a piano player (not a "piece of music", but a professional musician who plays the piano) to come into the studio ("in here") so they can record the song ("put it down") right away.

emre aydın

Turkish
    She is asking if he can get a piano player (not a "piece of music", but a professional musician who plays the piano) to come into the studio ("in here") so they can record the song ("put it down") right away.
    That producer is also a musician and seems to know how to play piano, that's why I thought she could have meant something else but I think I'm wrong. Thank you.

fiercediva

American English
    That producer is also a musician and seems to know how to play piano, that's why I thought she could have meant something else but I think I'm wrong. Thank you.
    While there are musicians who perform on recordings as well as produce, it's more likely that the producer wants to sit in the control room and supervise the recording.

< Previous | Next >