Get better soon.

dolcebellavita

English - South African
Dear All:

Can someone kindly translate this in Portuguese for me?

'' So sorry to hear you broke your leg so badly, I am shocked to hear the bad news. I can't imagine a worse start to the New Year. My thoughts are with you. Get better soon. ''

Many thanks,

;)

• Outsider

Portuguese (Portugal)
    I'm having trouble figuring out how to translate "broke your leg so badly". Do you think you can rephrase it?
    Two more questions: is this to note to be addressed at someone you treat very informally, or at someone you'd treat formally? Also, can you tell me whether the background of this Portuguese speaker is Portuguese or Brazilian (or another)?

dolcebellavita

English - South African
    Thank you for your help. It will be fine if I just said '' broke your leg'' without the ''so badly''

It is to be address to an old friend, so it does not need to be formal.

The person it will be address to is of Portuguese heritage not Brazilian.

Outsider

Portuguese (Portugal)
    Thank you very much. In that case I suggest:

Lamento saber que tens a perna em tão mau estado. Fiquei abalado com a má notícia. Que maneira de começar o ano novo! Desejo-te rápidas melhoras. Estou a torcer por ti.​
    I tried to give it a warm tone, and switched the 3rd. sentence with the 4th, which seems to work better in Portuguese. :)

spohreis

Portuguese-Brazil
    Dear All:

Can someone kindly translate this in Portuguese for me?

'' So sorry to hear you broke your leg so badly, I am shocked to hear the bad news. I can't imagine a worse start to the New Year. My thoughts are with you. Get better soon. ''

Many thanks,

;)
    Que tal: Lamento saber que quebrou sua perna tão gravemente?

Outsider

Portuguese (Portugal)
    Sorry, I should have asked another thing. :eek: Use abalado if you are male, but abalada if you are female. ;)

< Previous | Next >