Get in on act(ion)?

< Previous | Next >

dhejejjeskms

Korean
Hello, everyone.

Would you let me know if "get in on the action" and "get in on the act" are the same thing?
(It ia from a BBC news article.)

The bustling city on the western coast of Canada was known for its stunning views of the mountains and the Pacific Ocean, its lush and ancient forests and its historic downtown skyscrapers.
No wonder its real-estate market was white hot, with everyone from nature lovers to business leaders keen to have a Western home base close to Asian markets wanting to get in on the action.

Thank you.

• owlman5

English-US
    Yes, dhejejjeskms, they should mean the same thing in this context and just about any other context I can think of. I hear "action" more often, but I also hear "act" every now and then. No matter which of the two words I hear, both words always seem to have the same meaning in that phrase.

dhejejjeskms

Korean
    Yes, dhejejjeskms, they should mean the same thing in this context and just about any other context I can think of. I hear "action" more often, but I also hear "act" every now and then. No matter which of the two words I hear, both words always seem to have the same meaning in that phrase.
    Thank you.

< Previous | Next >