Get take out cycle

< Previous | Next >

Golak das

bengali
If I order or request some to take my cycle out of my room. Can I say these sentences.

Order - you get my bicycle out of my room.
Request - could you please take my bicycle out of my room/could you please take out my bicycle from my room.

• velisarius

British English (Sussex)
    If you ask someone to "get" something out of your room, there are two possibilities:

1) You are angry: Get that bicycle out of my room! I don't ever want to see it there again.
    2) You just want someone to fetch it for you: Would you get my bicycle from my room (for me), please? I need it to go to school.

Take that bicycle out of my room; I don't need it any more.
    This is an order. If you add "Will you please...?, it is a polite request. You wouldn't use "take" if you want someone to bring it to you. You could use "take" if you want them to take the bicycle away or store it somewhere.

Last edited:

Golak das

bengali
    If you ask someone to "get" something out of your room, there are two possibilities:

1) You are angry: Get that bicycle out of my room! I don't ever want to see it there again.
    2) You just want someone to fetch it for you: Would you get my bicycle from my room (for me), please? I need it to go to school.

Take that bicycle out of my room; I don't need it any more.
    This is an order. If you add "Will you please...?, it is a polite request. You wouldn't use "take" if you want someone to bring it to you. You could use "take" if you want them to take the bicycle away or store it somewhere.
    Thank you for detailed explanation 😀
    Take out my bicycle from my room. Is that wrong to say.

Uncle Jack

British English
    Take out my bicycle from my room. Is that wrong to say.
    It is an inappropriate word order. "My bicycle" is what you want the person to take and "out from my room" is where you want them to take it. Only if you did not have "from my room" would you put "out" after "take".

Golak das

bengali
    It is an inappropriate word order. "My bicycle" is what you want the person to take and "out from my room" is where you want them to take it. Only if you did not have "from my room" would you put "out" after "take".
    thanks you uncle jack. But it sounds right to me, as I determine one sentences correction by hearing rather than listening and reading than consider whether it's grammatically correct or not. I know it's totally wrong.

< Previous | Next >