get the legitimate status

< Previous | Next >

danielxu85

Mandarin Chinese
Could you help me to improve the conciseness and the clarity of the following idea? I think there are a lot of problems with "get the legitimate status" part.

Recently, the discussion about whether we should keep or get rid of TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) in national medical system has become the focus of contenion. Behind this back and forth remains the eternal topic: the modernization of TCM. To get the legitimate status of TCM, both the people in the TCM field and outsiders have spared no effort. However, after decades of practice, the result is not as what we once expected

• Dimcl

Canadian English
    Could you help me to improve the conciseness and the clarity of the following idea? I think there are a lot of problems with "get the legitimate status" part.

Recently, the discussion about whether we should keep or get rid of maintain TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) in the national medical system has become the focus of contenion a contentious issue. The core issue is, and always has been, Behind this back and forth remains the eternal topic: the modernization of TCM. To get the legitimate status of TCM, both the people Practitioners in the TCM field and as well as other interested parties outsiders have spared no effort in trying to legitimize the practice although,However, after decades of practice, the result is not as what we once expected (do you really mean "expected" or "hoped"?)

Siberia

UK-Wales - English

Recently, the discussion about whether we should keep or get rid of TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) in the national medical system has become the focus of contention. Behind this unresolved discussion lies the eternal topic: the modernization of TCM. Campaigners in and outside the TCM field have spared no effort in trying to get TCM a legitimate status. However, after decades of practice, the result is not what we expected

danielxu85

Mandarin Chinese
    Thanks, Dimcl! In the end, I just want to say that despite their efforts, the TCM has not set up its own system like modern medicine. So this disappointed a lot of people. Do you think I could still use "expected" or "hoped"?

< Previous | Next >