get up in someone [have intercourse]

< Previous | Next >

Shandol

Persian - Persia
Suppose that I'm amongst a group of girls and want to know who is willing to have intercourse with Patrick. Does the following sentence convey that meaning?
Who in this group would ever let Patrick get up in them? huh?
get up
phrasal verb
[5] get it up (very informal)
[5a] to have an erection
Macmillan Dictionary

I guess, the idea might sound preposterous to some of you, since nobody, as far as I know, would have an erection in someone else, however, I've heard a similar sentence from a friend of mine and would like to know whether it would make any sense to you or not.

• Hermione Golightly

British English
    To "get it up" is colloquial for to "get an erection". It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with sexual intercourse. The usual expression you seem to want in your puzzling context would be "have sex with somebody" which would applies to both men and women.
    "Would you have sex with Patrick?"

kentix

English - U.S.
    There are many possible synonyms there, but not that one. Get it up refers to the condition of a man being ready to have sex, not having sex. If he can't get it up, there will be no sex. If he does get it up, then it becomes possible. Once it's up, then he has the possibility of doing something more. But you don't get it up in something. You might put it in something after step 1.

morior_invictus

Slovak
    [...] however, I've heard a similar sentence from a friend of mine and would like to know whether it would make any sense to you or not.
    Is your friend an African American? If not, I suggest you both forget it. You will not sound "cool" if you start using their expressions (not to mention that your listeners might not even know what you are talking about).

The first one of the two definitions below is also AAVE, as far as I know.
    Verb
    get up in
    (third-person singular simple present gets up in, present participle getting up in, simple past got up in, past participle got up in or gotten up in)
    1.(of a male subject, slang) To have sexual intercourse with deep penetration.
    2.(slang, African-American Vernacular) To best someone in a competition; to successfully challenge someone.
    Source: wiktionary

< Previous | Next >