Getting through a high rate risky

palabra86

Spanish
It's about - Why to justify public debt.
The two parts of the expression isn't clear for me- Getting through a high rate risky
thanks for helping.

The last one again, which is more relevant for countries like Italy and the U.S at this point, is if you were in not the bad equilibrium, the notion that you could be getting through a high rate risky, that because of the risk of default, it's not fiscal austerity is not the way to go, you have to think about other approaches
(video)

• The Newt

English - US
    "Risky" seems to make no sense there. The speaker seems to be shifting a bit from one thought to another, but are you sure of that word?

lingobingo

English - England
    See the transcript here — Hutchins Roundup: Size of the gig economy, negative interest rates, and more:

“The benefits are likely to exceed the cost of debt. More relevant for countries like Italy than the U.S. at this point, if you are worried about the bad equilibrium, the notion that you’re getting to a high [interest rate] because of a risk of default, fiscal austerity is not the way to go, you have to think about other approaches. What do I want you to go away with? Not the notion that debt is good, but debt may not be so bad.”​

palabra86

Spanish
    See the transcript here — Hutchins Roundup: Size of the gig economy, negative interest rates, and more:

“The benefits are likely to exceed the cost of debt. More relevant for countries like Italy than the U.S. at this point, if you are worried about the bad equilibrium, the notion that you’re getting to a high [interest rate] because of a risk of default, fiscal austerity is not the way to go, you have to think about other approaches. What do I want you to go away with? Not the notion that debt is good, but debt may not be so bad.”​

That's awesome I couldn't find the transcript.
    I will have to check now what is interest rate, I'm a hard learner and don't give up until I understand the new expression thanks again