give and take responsibility

Simin93

Persian-Iran
Hi there
Could you please tell me which one is correct? If none of them are correct, Do you have a suggestion?:confused: They are self-made.

1-Parents give different responsibilities to their children ,including washing dishes and taking out trash, to make them responsible and independent.
2-Parents give household responsibilities to their children ,including washing dishes and taking out trash, to make them responsible and independent.
3-Parents ask their children to take some responsibilities for doing household chores to make them responsible and independent.

Many Thanks

• Barque

Tamil
    They are all grammatical but in the third, you need "responsibility" (as an uncountable noun).

Parents often ask their children to take responsibility for some household chores to make them responsible and independent. (I don't like the second reference to "responsible" since the sentence already uses "responsibility", but that isn't your question of course.)

Simin93

Persian-Iran
    Thank you, Barque:)
    If I correct #3, could you please tell me they are all idiomatic? If not, what is your suggestion.

Barque

Tamil
    could you please tell me they are all idiomatic?
    I suppose they are all fairly idiomatic but as I said, I don't particularly like the references to "responsibilities/responsibility" and "responsible" in the same sentence.

< Previous | Next >