<give out> an example

< Previous | Next >

AntiScam

Arabic
Hi,

From a previous post of mine. Does this sentence "could someone give out two examples?" sound natural? If not, what would you say?

Hi,

Is the use of "I ... verb ... me" fixed below (limited to the verb forgive) or is is used with other verbs? If so, could someone give out two examples?

Zootopia (2016)
I wouldn't forgive me either. I was ignorant, irresponsible and small-minded. But predators shouldn't suffer because of my mistakes. I have to fix this.

• AntiScam

Arabic
    It's not as simple as that. People can give out information, or food, for example. "Give out" carries a sense of distributing something.
    Your example with "examples" is unlikely to mean "distribute", and that's why you should use "give", not "give out".

See WRD definition for "give", entry 37: give - WordReference.com Dictionary of English
    Thank you Edinburgher
    I like the way you answer the question- informative & explanatory like this one by pob14

Yes, it just means "watch it." It's used with other things too: "give [that song] a listen," "give [this book] a read," "give [a new recipe] a try." There's a certain casualness implied; no need to rush out and see it today, but when you get a chance, give it a watch.

< Previous | Next >