Give some insight into brief

karoshi_Japan

Hungarian, Frisia
Hi there.
Please find attached sentence, extracted from an article regarding Marks&Spencer's appointment of ODD.
I have 2 questions about it.

"Giving some insight into the brief, M&S clothing and home marketing director Nathan Ansell said the brand needed "more targeted, inspirational and relevant customer marketing" to restore its style credentials."
※Source link : M&S appoints ODD as clothing and home agency to 'restore its style credentials'

Q1.
I can't get "Giving some insight into the brief." What does it mean?
Is it possible to paraphrase it to other expression?

Q2.
< Posted in a new thread.>

Thank you for your cooperation! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Egmont

English - U.S.
    1. A brief, in this context, is a short, concise statement of something (in this case the store chain's decision to get a neew advertising agency). There isn't much explanation in it. Ansell provided more insight into the change.

2. WRF rules limit each thread to one question. That makes it easier for people who come here in the future to find threads on topics they are interested in without being confused by discussions of other topics mixed in with them. If you would be so kind as to start a new thread with your question (2), I (and surely others) will gladly answer it there.

karoshi_Japan

Hungarian, Frisia
    1. A brief, in this context, is a short, concise statement of something (in this case the store chain's decision to get a neew advertising agency). There isn't much explanation in it. Ansell provided more insight into the change.

< ---- >
    Hi, Egmont

Thank you for your reply.
    The fog has disappeared.
    Also, thanks for your notice. I'll start a new thread.

< Previous | Next >