Give someone a spin?

< Previous | Next >

dylan3

Korean
What does the phrase "give him a spin" mean in this context?

(trying to describe the worst moments in life) "while being critiqued, when my boyfriend and I fought, when my boss told me to "give him a spin."

Does the word spin have other meanings than to turn something around or to make something work?
Thank you.

• Barque

Tamil
    (trying to describe the worst moments in life) "while being critiqued, when my boyfriend and I fought, when my boss told me to "give him a spin."
    Could you give us the full sentence please? It'd be easier to follow.

dylan3

Korean
    And what is the topic about?
    The writer tries to explain her own rage and in the phrase quoted above, she's just going through the list of things that made her angry without any specific description of the moments...

+ She had mentioned that one of the boss used to criticized her harshly and made her reports rewritten. Does that have something to do with the phrase?

dylan3

Korean
    Could you give us the full sentence please? It'd be easier to follow.

Here's the full paragraph:

"I have felt tears streaming from my eyes at the angriest moments of my life: while being critiqued, when my boyfriend and I fought, when my boss told me to "give him a spin." Ear-burning fury in those moments, and also, wet eyes."

suzi br

English / England
    I have absolutely no idea what she is denoting by this phrase.
    If that helps?

I could hazard a few guesses, but so could you from the context. We wouldn't know if we were right or not.

kentix

English - U.S.
    That's much clearer. It's three separate, unrelated examples.

I can't prove it but I'm quite certain the meaning is that her boss was suggesting that she should have sex with him.

In general, if you "give something a spin" that means you try it out. He wanted her to try him out, which means sex in that kind of conversation.

[Cross-posted]

< Previous | Next >