Give you all a brief introduction of myself.

Silver

Chinese,Cantonese,Sichuan dialect
Hi,

Can I say this at the school opening day to all my classmates:

I feel honored to give you all a brief introduction of myself.

Will it be redundant? I know "briefly introduce myself" is much better, but my question is whether the bold expression is idiomatic?

Thanks a lot

• quillerbee

Canadian English
    Hi Silver, I would not try to be idiomatic, but sincere. Your sentence is good, Julie's is good, just be yourself and you will be fine.

George French

English - UK
    I feel honored to give you all a brief introduction of myself. my question is whether the bold expression is idiomatic?
    No, it is not idiomatic, at least in my world. The use of honoured is very pretentious... People do use it...... but when I hear that at the start of a presentation I switch on, so that I can ask very pointed questions later.......

GF..

henrylee100

Russian
    I may be wrong but to me it seems that what you're trying to say is something like
    I'm honored to have/be given this opportunity to tell you a little bit about myself.
    When you introduce yourself you basically just tell them your name (possible first and last name as in 'Hello, my name is/I'm Silverobama...) I don't see how you can get any 'briefer' than that. And what would be a long introduction then?

< Previous | Next >