giving your my jock

twinklestar

Chinese
American TV legal Drama: Suits

Louis is a senior partner of a law firm. And Jeff is a new senior partner, who takes over Louis' job. Jeff walked into Louis' office and had a converstation as below:

Jeff: Louis, Listen, I just wanted to say one more time how much I'm really looking forward to working with you.

Louis: Aww, well, I would just like to say for the first time that you will not be working with me, because I will not be giving you my jock. Let alone my case.

What does jock mean? I looked up WR dictionary, and I dont find a right explanation for it.

Thank you!

Edit: fixed typo-your

Last edited:
  • Hermione Golightly

British English
    Since there's one typo 'your my jock' could this 'jock' be a mistake for 'job'?
    My second thought is that it's a slang term I don't know and my third is that it has something to do with 'jockstrap' but being female I can't comment intelligently about such a metaphor.

Hermione Golightly

British English
    Jock is mentioned in the WR dictionary as the abbreviation of jockstrap. I know there is at least one thread about this item - it's a form of support or protection for the male genitals, if I've got it right. So I suppose the metaphor is that he won't give him any support or protection, backing or help. As I say, what do I know about these things.
    Best to wait for a blokey take on it.

Copyright

American English
    It should be "... because I will not be giving you my jock, let alone my case."

It means I won't even be giving you something so worthless and undesirable (and disgusting) as my used jockstrap, let alone something valuable that you want, i.e. my case.

< Previous | Next >