Gli animali non possono essere lasciati negli appartamenti in mancanza di persone atte ad accudirli

Hello! I am trying to translate this sentence in english:

"Gli animali non possono essere lasciati negli appartamenti in mancanza di persone atte ad accudirli, questo al fine di evitare possibili danni alle strutture e disturbo agli altri inquilini."

Context : Holiday home listing

My attempt

"In order to not disturb the other guests and avoid damage to the forniture, pets cannot be left alone
in the apartments or with no person suitable to look after them."

Does it sound good? Thank you!
Wexp

Devi inserire la frase ORIGINALE (quella che ha senso) nel titolo del thread, non la tua traduzione
Come devo scegliere i titoli delle discussioni?

• TimLA

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    .Hello,

Interesting sentence, I haven't heard a construct like this before...so let's do it!

Gli animali non possono essere lasciati negli appartamenti in mancanza di persone atte ad accudirli, questo al fine di evitare possibili danni alle strutture e disturbo agli altri inquilini.

To not disturb other guests and avoid furniture damage,
    pets may not be left in the units unattended.

And a little scherzoso:

To not disturb other guests and avoid furniture damage,
    pets may not be left in the units without their humans/bipeds. :)

Language Hound

American English
    I'd suggest something like:
    So as not to disturb other guests and to avoid possible damage to the (carpeting and) furniture,

TimLa & Language hound thank you for your help!

Tim translation is more simple but Languge-Hound ones also include carpeting.
    As I have no carpets in the flat but a wooden floor I think I translate it this way:

So as not to disturb other guests and to avoid possible damage to the wooden floor and furniture,

< Previous | Next >