Glossy publication

< Previous | Next >

lanena1958

United States Spanish
Hi all,

I have the phrase in English 'the only glossy publication in the entire state' to translate into Spanish but I am not even sure that 'glossy publication' is correct. Shouldn't it be more like 'publication in glossy paper' or 'glossy quality publication' or something like that?

I would rather tell the client straight up, or at least feel better about it on my end.

Thanks in adavance!!

• bluepolaris

Spanish-Spain
    Hi Lanela,

I´m not quite sure, but I suppose that the text refers to "glossy paper", as you suggested above:

"La única publicación en papel satinado en todo el estado"

In the United Kingdom, "glossy magazines" are magazines that deal with fashion trends, etc., and most of them are published with this kind of paper.

Regards

lanena1958

United States Spanish
    Thanks so much bluepolaris, now that you mention it I did see some of that when I was researching the word and it makes sense. Now my dilema is, since I have no further reference other than that phrase, if in Spanish I should call it something like 'publicación en papel brillante'..?? Because I have never heard 'publicación brillante in my life'...I would appreciate some input on this.

Thanks!!

BPG

Spain, Spanish
    Hello,

Its usual in Spain to talk about "papel cuché" as a way of reffering to gossip magazines.

"Ella apareció en el papel cuché"

It's also the tipe of paper used in colour magazines.

Regards

Lerma

Hello,

Its usual in Spain to talk about "papel cuché" as a way of reffering to gossip magazines.

"Ella apareció en el papel cuché"

It's also the tipe of paper used in colour magazines.

Regards
    Agreed. But the word is couché, although pronounced cuché

lanena1958

United States Spanish
    Thanks guys!!!!

I am aware of the 'papel cuché' thing, but I was not getting any indication from the client as to what kind of publication they are referring to, so thanks all, I think I'm good now!

< Previous | Next >