Go Around The Business World

n4me

Khmer
Please help me what is the meaning of "Go around the business world".
Will be appreciate for all your help. Thks

• n4me

Khmer
    Hi,

I read BBC learning English and i found the expression that i couldn't understand its meaning.

Well, the full sentence it is:
    Collocation, that's words that go together; 'stock expressions', idioms, I mean the list goes on...To give you an example, I suppose, just with the word "Business" - you can be "in business", you can go away "on business", you can travel "business class", you can "go around the business world"

please help to explain me the meaning of the above red text color. Thanks

Rgs,
    n4me

panjandrum

Lapsed Moderator
    English-Ireland (top end)
    This expression seems to mean something to the writer.
    It means nothing to me.
    Google lists no examples of its use.
    You may have transcribed it incorrectly.

Thomas Tompion

English - England
    I did find one example of its use, here:

My main point, friends, is that there is a lot of blame for this mess to go around the business world and both political parties.

The suggestion is that the business world is the same thing as the world of business and means the people, the society, of business, and how they interact. So there is a lot of blame to go around the business world means many people in business are to blame.

panjandrum

Lapsed Moderator
    English-Ireland (top end)
    I did find one example of its use, here:

My main point, friends, is that there is a lot of blame for this mess to go around the business world and both political parties.
    The meaning of "go around the business world", based on the meaning of the words, is no doubt clear in any particular context.

The question indicates that it is some kind of "stock expression".
    There is nothing to support that suggestion.

< Previous | Next >