go back / return to again

< Previous | Next >

Daniel V

Spanish - Mexico
I have a question, how to say something that you used to do before and You are going to do it again.
For Example:

If USA wants to become a great country again, he must go back to produce manufactures
If USA wants to become a great country again, he must return to produce manufactures
If USA wants to become a great country again, he must produce manufactures again.

Which one is correct or where is the mistake?

Just for the record, this is just an example, I am not a trump supporter XD

Last edited:
  • DonnyB

Sixties Mod
    English UK Southern Standard English
    I have a question, how to say something that you used to do before and You are going to do it again.
    For Example:

If USA wants to become a great country again, he must go back to produce manufactures
    If USA wants to become a great country again, he must return to produce manufactures
    If USA wants to become a great country again, he must produce manufactures again.

Which one is correct or where is the mistake?
    To try and help you out a little bit by just answering the specific question which you've asked, you can say either "go back to...", "return to..." or "[do something] again".

With the first two, though, you need a gerund, not an infinitive: "must go back to/return to producing...".

< Previous | Next >