go forward

bosun

Banned
korean
The following is a text from an article titled geneticallly modified food and I am not sure what it means , especiallly the red parts.

Genetically modifed foods could be harmful to people's health. To the groups on this side of the issue, that ' could' provides more than enough reason to go forward with extreme caution, something they say isn't currently being done.

• Elwintee

England English
    The following is a text from an article titled geneticallly modified food and I am not sure what it means , especiallly the red parts.

Genetically modifed foods could be harmful to people's health. To the groups on this side of the issue, that ' could' provides more than enough reason to go forward with extreme caution, something they say isn't currently being done.
    I would add to Post #2 that in referring to 'the groups on this side of the issue' the writer seems to agree with those who are concerned about the possible dangers from genetically modified food. These groups are opposed to other groups who disagree ('taking the other side') and are in favour of such foods. These foods, the writer is saying, are (scientifically?) suspect and could/might perhaps be harmful to humans. 'To go forward' is (in my view) a very hackneyed phrase meaning 'to take action in the future'. I do hope this helps! :)

< Previous | Next >