'Go' in a passive sentence

< Previous | Next >

gise007

Spanish (Argentina)
Hi everyone.
I have to put a sentence in passive voice. In addition, I have to put the verbs in past tense. So, here it is:

Active voice:

"Ladies usually go to a tea-party more to speak to other people than for other people to speak to them".

Passive voice:
"A
tea-party is usually assisted by ladies more to speak to other people than for being spoken by them".

Thanks in advance,
Giselle

• tatis

USA
    Spanish, México
    Hello gise007
    Welcome to the forum. "Asistir", with the meaning of "to attend", to be present at something is "to attend", in English.
    Therefore, for your second sentence, I would make at least one correction:
    Passive voice:
    "A tea-party is usually attended by ladies more to speak to other people than for being spoken by them".

Maybe, asking the question in the general forum, rather than the "English only" forum, would make things easier...we could use spanish too.

Last edited:

gise007

Spanish (Argentina)
    @JillN

Thank you very much.

In fact, I don´t know whether it is necessary to put the last part of the sentence in passive voice, but I was warned that it may be more than a verb to change.

The sentence should be corrected on Friday, so I hope to respond you by Saturday.

gise007

Spanish (Argentina)
    Hello gise007
    Welcome to the forum. "Asistir", with the meaning of "to attend", to be present at something is "to attend" en inglés.
    Therefore for your second sentence, I would have, at least one correction:
    Passive voice:
    "A
    tea-party is usually attended by ladies more to speak to other people than for being spoken by them".

Maybe if you can pose the question in the general forum, rather than the "English only" forum, would make things easier...we could use spanish too.

Thank so much for your help tatis...

timpeac

English (England)
    Moderator note - as tatis says, this is the English Only forum and English is the only language spoken here. Please do not use any other languages in this forum (even by way of explanation to a foreign speaker).

timpeac (moderator)

< Previous | Next >