go <on><for> a ride

rituparnahoymoy

Assamese -India
This is a conversation between two rival who has a huge crush on the same woman. And one is teasing the other. I am just translating.

I will go on a ride with her in her car to south of India, then to north of India.

Should I say, I will go for a ride with her in her car to south of India, then to north of India.

• Scrawny goat

English - Ireland
    Neither. 'To go on/for a ride' is used (at least in BE) for short trips. India is a big place and I imagine that he is talking about a long journey, as opposed to a short trip in the south, and then going (how?) to the north for further adventures.

"She and I are travelling by car from the South to the North of India" sounds more like a jealousy-inducing statement.

rituparnahoymoy

Assamese -India
    Neither. 'To go on/for a ride' is used (at least in BE) for short trips. India is a big place and I imagine that he is talking about a long journey, as opposed to a short trip in the south, and then going (how?) to the north for further adventures.

"She and I are travelling by car from the South to the North of India" sounds more like a jealousy-inducing statement.
    But he is saying that he will go in her car. How do I make a sentence mentioning that?

se16teddy

English - England
    I will go on a ride with her in her car to south of India, then to north of India.
    Is this intended to be 1) a metaphor about exploring various parts of the lady's body, or 2) is it meant literally and innocently as an adventurous trip and shared experience likely to bring the couple closer together mentally or spiritually with an eye to a romantic liaison?

I think the translation will need careful phrasing if it is to avoid raising suspicion 1) altogether!

rituparnahoymoy

Assamese -India
    Is this intended to be 1) a metaphor about exploring various parts of the lady's body, or 2) is it meant literally and innocently as an adventurous trip and shared experience likely to bring the couple closer together mentally or spiritually with an eye to a romantic liaison?

I think the translation will need careful phrasing if it is to avoid raising suspicion 1) altogether!
    What are you trying to say, I am confused?

Barque

Tamil
    We're going on a long road trip in her car, first to south India and then to the north.

< Previous | Next >