go out of our way

Suriak

Cyprus, English and Greek
Comment on dit l’expression « we will go out of our way to remedy the situation » en français?

Y a-t-il une expression française comparable ?

Peut-on dire :

« Nous irons hors de notre route/chemin à remédier la situation »

Merci d’avance

• med38

french
    I'd say: "nous ferons un effort afin de remédier à la situation"
    (after this verb, always put the preposition à)

hope it helps

Suriak

thanks. but is there a way to express and stress the fact that you will be doing something beyond what is required of you in order to remedy the situation?

catay

Canada anglais
    "Nous chercherons à faire tout ce qui est possible..." ?
    Nous chercherons à faire tout notre possible...

med38

french
    yes it's very formal, Id say, "nous ferons tout ce qui est en notre pouvoir pour remédier à ce problème", or "nous ferons notre possible pour remédier à ce problème" (maybe more common and less formal than the others)

Suriak

thanks to all :)

I would be inclined to go with with the more formal: "Nous sortirons du cadre de nos attributions pour remédier à ce problème" because I am writing a formal letter to a client - however, could it be interpreted as a mocking tone at all?

Context: the client complained about an error that it turns out had been caused by them, so I want to state that although it was not our fault we will go out of our way to remedy the situation.

ymc

A very widely used and accepted phrasing would be:

Nous ferons tout notre possible pour trouver une solution à cette situation

or

Nous ferons tout ce qui est en notre pouvoir pour trouver une solution à cette situation

ymc

thanks to all :)

I would be inclined to go with with the more formal: "Nous sortirons du cadre de nos attributions pour remédier à ce problème" because I am writing a formal letter to a client - however, could it be interpreted as a mocking tone at all?

Context: the client complained about an error that it turns out had been caused by them, so I want to state that although it was not our fault we will go out of our way to remedy the situation.
    If you say that you are ready to "sortir du cadre de nos attributions", you may legally bind you to something the company does not usually gets involved in, because you are litterally saying that you will do what you're not expected (entitled?) to... I would avoid this.

Nicomon

Français, Québec ♀
    Nous déploierons tous les efforts possibles pour résoudre le problème.

Nous prendrons toutes les mesures nécessaires pour corriger/remédier à la situation.

Montaigne

French, France
    The client is responsible for the error.
    So if you write "nous ferons tout notre possible,nous prendrons toutes les mesures...."
    you are in fact shouldering the responsability for his mistake.But you want to stress you are prepared to do him a special favor;
    Then use "Nous ferons un effort PARTICULIER pour remedier à...".

Nicomon

Français, Québec ♀
    "Nous ferons un effort PARTICULIER pour remédier à..."
    This to me would be in English... We will make a special effort to remedy... and imho is not as strong as We will go out of our way.

Remember that in business, the client is always right... even when he isn't. ;)

PS: Wildan, I like your suggestion, though I might say Nous ferons le maximum

< Previous | Next >