Go to the kitchen

< Previous | Next >

Minus zero

Korean-korea
How to say 'go to the kitchen[...]'? Is it va à la cuisine [...], or is there another version?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Philippides

Français - France
    "Va à la cuisine" est parfaitement correct. Éventuellement "Allez" si tu t'adress à plusieurs personnes ou une personne que tu vouvoies.

Minus zero

Korean-korea
    "Va à la cuisine" est parfaitement correct. Éventuellement "Allez" si tu t'adress à plusieurs personnes ou une personne que tu vouvoies.
    Thank you Philippides.
    Sorry but I couldn't quite get the meaning after Allez, can you possibly give me the English version?

Je dirais plus naturellement "Va dans la cuisine".
    Thank you Maayan.
    Doesn't dans usually mean in? So the literal expression could be go in the kitchen, is that it?

Nawaq

français (France)
    Thank you Philippides.
    Sorry but I couldn't quite get the meaning after Allez, can you possibly give me the English version?
    I am not Philippides but, what he meant was that you can use "allez" if you speak to more than one person or if you speak to someone with whom you use vous, so it would be "allez à la cuisine".

For me I'd say both, va à la cuisine, va dans la cuisine but more the latter.

Maayan_04

Français
    It does, but you musn't always try to translate literally, because it will only cause you to make mistakes in translation.

I guess, in this case, you could say that "dans" is used as "into", the action of going inside the room.

< Previous | Next >