goal=gol or rete?

ratto

English
Ciao a tutti,potete aiutarmi per favore, il mio amico mi ha detto che c'e un altra parole che significa l'inglese parole 'goal'. Io non l'ho mai sentito tranne gol o rete.Ovviamente,parlavamo solo come il gol del' 'calcio'.

• Idioteque

Italy - Italian
    ratto said:
    Ciao a tutti,potete aiutarmi per favore, un mio amico mi ha detto che c'è un'altra parola che corrisponde all'inglese 'goal'. Io non ho mai sentito altre parole oltre a gol o rete.Ovviamente,intendevamo solo il gol del' 'calcio' (without "come").

Ciao! In Italian:

goal= gol (or goal) or rete; the first word is much more common, though... you might even use "marcatura"... Don't want to confuse you, but "marcatura" indicates even the way in which defenders mark forwards... (for examlpe: marcatura a uomo= to mark man-to-man) I hope I was clear, sorry, but I found it hard to explain it in English... :eek:

Bye, Laura

Elisa68

Italian
    Idioteque said:
    Ciao! In Italian:

goal= gol (or goal) or rete; the first word is much more common, though... you might even use "marcatura"... Don't want to confuse you, but "marcatura" indicates even the way in which defenders mark forwards... (for examlpe: marcatura a uomo= to mark man-to-man) I hope I was clear, sorry, but I found it hard to explain it in English... :eek:

Bye, Laura
    Yes, Laura, you are right! Marcatura is like = to score, I think.

jonjon5000

United States
    Marcatura means "to score" in the sense that you mark another point on the score-board. It would be like saying "you marked down two goals for your team".

Hope that clarifies.

Sonnie

Italy
    disegno said:
    si puo dire anche 'segnare' per 'scoring', penso di averlo sentito?
    Hope you don't mind.
    You're right,we are used to saying 'segnare' or 'fare goal'.
    Concerning football (soccer for americans):
    The player who scores a goal is a 'marcatore', never a 'segnatore' though.
    Moreover, "tripletta" stands for hattrick.We also have a word for a player who scores twice,which is 'doppietta'.I wonder if there is any correspondent noun in english.
    Furthermore,since i like this topic,if a player scores when there is really few time to go,we talk about 'zona Cesarini',which stands for Cesarini time.I guess that Cesarini was a player who was used to score in the last minutes,i'm too young to remember about it.

< Previous | Next >