God Bless you!

brazil_ana

Hello everyone, I'm Ana from Brazil. This is my very first post and Ι'm thrilled to be taking part in this forum, for Ι love languages, specially Greek!!

So, can you help me with a proper translation for: God bless you?

By the way, is this correct? Θέλω να γνωριστούμε. λένε Άnα. [Let me introduce myself, I'm Άnα]

Thank you in advance! :)

• anthodocheio

Hello Ana and welcome to our forum!

"God bless you" in Greek is "ο Θεός να σε ευλογεί" but I think that sounds a bit more "religius" in Greek than in English.. We certainly say "Να είσαι καλά" "Que estés bien" in Spanish.
    I hope that you will get more opinions about this...

About "Let me introduce myself, I'm Άnα" I would sugest "Θα ήθελα να συστηθώ.. με λένε Άννα". That's the way your name is writen in Greek.

I hope that helps..

For more details don't hesitate to ask again!

Saludos:)

oh_kristine

Brazil / Brazilian Portuguese
    Hi

Να είσαι καλά can be translated into portuguese as (que você) esteja bem.

t+

Θέλω να γνωριστούμε...THAT MEANS...I WANT US TO MEET EACH OTHER...OR I WANT US TO GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER...

ALSO Να είσαι καλά CAN MEAN U R WELCOME...AS IN WHEN U REPLY TO A PERSON WHO HAS JUST SAID Efkaristó...OTHER WAYS OF SAYING THE SAME THING ARE...PARAKALO...TIPOTA...XREOS MOU...OR U CAN MAKE COMBINATIONS AND USE THEM ALL TOGETHER AS IN TIPOTA, PARAKALO, XREOS MOU...OR PARAKALO, TIPOTA, XREOS MOU...

I HOPE I'VE BEEN USEFUL...

PEACE!!!

brazil_ana

Olá, tudo bem com vocês?

This thread is somewhat old, I'm surprised to see it's back!
    Anyway, the context was really to 'bless', you know, like complimenting for somethin'...
    Guess other members just corrected me when I used 'Με μιά αγκαλία' in my second post to this thread! =)
    Thanx again anyway!

panos69

greek
    Hello everyone, I'm Ana from Brazil. This is my very first post and Ι'm thrilled to be taking part in this forum, for Ι love languages, specially Greek!!

So, can you help me with a proper translation for: God bless you?

By the way, is this correct? Θέλω να γνωριστούμε. λένε Άnα. [Let me introduce myself, I'm Άnα]

Thank you in advance! :)
    Another way to translate your sentence is: Good with you