going forward

James Zhang

China/Chinese
Hi, teachers. I have some questions with the sentence below.
InfoSys's Mark Rina suggests a further step that vendors and consultants could take: Do and ROI on the ROI. In other words, make an intensive study and attempt to quantify some of the benefits that, on the front end, seem hard to pin down: "ROI on the ROI, I think, is a shrewd business practice that could work for both the customer, as well as build experience for future sales and future promises...Proof points are going to be an absolute necessity going forward."
My questions are:
1. What does "going forward" mean here?

Thank you. Have a good day.
J

• James Zhang said:
    Hi, teachers. I have some questions with the sentence below.
    InfoSys's Mark Rina suggests a further step that vendors and consultants could take: Do and ROI on the ROI. In other words, make an intensive study and attempt to quantify some of the benefits that, on the front end, seem hard to pin down: "ROI on the ROI, I think, is a shrewd business practice that could work for both the customer, as well as build experience for future sales and future promises...Proof points are going to be an absolute necessity going forward."
    My questions are:
    1. What does "going forward" mean here?

Thank you. Have a good day.
    J

Hello James,

I think it might mean, in this context, 'looking towards the future' or 'as the business continues to grow'.

I could be wrong, of course!

LRV