[going] on a publicly accessible online register of offenders

Irelia20150604

Chinese
The quotation comes from Pokemon Go ban for New York sex offenders - BBC News

Quotation: New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said new technologies must not be "new avenues for dangerous predators".

He said: "Protecting New York's children is priority number one."

Under the proposal, all sex offenders leaving state prison will be banned from playing the game.

New York state law already requires them to submit home addresses and online account names as well as going on a publicly accessible online register of offenders.
===
Hi everyone! Does the bold part mean "New York state law already requires all sex offenders to submit home addresses and online account names as well as where they go on a publicly accessible..."?

Last edited:
  • Irelia20150604

Chinese
    I took the sentence as " to submit, in addition t going, home addresses and online account names on a publicly...", so I interpreted "going" as "where they go". Then I was a little confused. :confused:

DaylightDelight

Japanese - Tokyo
    I think it's "New York state law already requires them going on a publicly accessible online register of offenders.":
    = They must submit their address and online account names. Also they must be listed on a public database.

< Previous | Next >