gold coin donation

< Previous | Next >

NewAmerica

Banned
Mandarin
A gold coin is expensive. So does "gold coin donation" mean "a generous donation"? Well, I am not sure.

Thanks in advance
“There is a movie under the stars on Saturday night and participants will hear testimonials from people who have had major success where conventional medicine has failed them.

“Networking will be big on the agenda as well. Participants will learn how good health can be restored.”

Entry to the workshop is by gold coin donation at the door and the program starts at 10am. You can contact the CannaNannaS on Facebook or by phoning Deb Lynch on 0401979092

-ZARISHA BRADLEY

Source

• entangledbank

English - South-East England
    As it's in Australia, it would mean at least a $1 or $2 donation (gold-coloured coins), not less (silver 5c to 50c). That's how I would understand it in Britain too: our 50p is silver-coloured and our £1 is gold-coloured.

NewAmerica

Banned
    Mandarin
    Simply being golden? It's a relief to me because I thought it was a genuine gold coin and my entry would be denied.

Thank you.

entangledbank

English - South-East England
    Oh, so it does appear to be a specifically A&NZ thing. I don't know that I've ever actually seen it, but it was obvious what it must be: we've long called some coins silver coins, and the 'gold' ones are new (newish: 20 years or so, perhaps a bit more), but it seems obvious that 'gold coin' would be intended as that when they mean a donation for admission.

< Previous | Next >