golden chance / reasonable reason

0007shuffle

italian
I would be extremely pleased if someone could take a look

For a strange an unexpected accident, on the way to do a master in Media and Communication in Los Angeles, I stopped in London and I came across to Film Institute. I am finding it very enjoyable and golden chance/reasonable reason to introduce...

• Arrius

English, UK
    Welcome to the forum. 007shuffle!
    a golden chance is a rare, perhaps unique opportunity, whereas a reasonable reason certainly does not mean the same as the first expression and is bad style, because the English do not like to use cognate nouns and adjectives together (though you can find exceptions to this in Shakespeare). Say rather a reasonable pretext or ample reason (without a ) to introduce.... . But neither of these expressions means a golden chance either.
    In addition I would suggest you begin with By pure chance or Quite accidentally, on the way to do a master's in... . And are you sure the course isn't Media and Communications?

Harry Batt

USA English
    Golden chance would fit fine. It is somewhat like serendipity; an opportunity that shows up which you did not expect. While Arrius' suggestions are fine to overcome the cognate noun arm in arm with an adjective, an American wouldn't think twice about using reasonable reason. They are also users of more alliteration than necessary. Came across is good English but the changes that Arrius suggests or saying, "by sheer luck" you would give the reader a better idea of your state of mind.

0007shuffle

italian
    I thank you for your prompt answer. Your clarification helped her to understand the right meaning of those expression.

I would like to use "a golden chance" it give to it a right brilliant emphasis

0007shuffle

italian
    Golden chance would fit fine. It is somewhat like serendipity; an opportunity that shows up which you did not expect. While Arrius' suggestions are fine to overcome the cognate noun arm in arm with an adjective, an American wouldn't think twice about using reasonable reason. They are also users of more alliteration than necessary. Came across is good English but the changes that Arrius suggests or saying, "by sheer luck" you would give the reader a better idea of your state of mind.
    I thank you for your time.

edits

By sheer luck, on the way to do a master's in Media and Communications in Los Angeles, I stopped in London and I came across to BFi. I am finding it very enjoyable and golden chance to introduce myself to you.

< Previous | Next >