Good trip, to all family

Zorinik

Italian, Sicilian
Hello,
I would like to wish a very good trip to a german family that today go back in Germany (they were here for holidays).
Now, the sentence I would use is:

"
Good trip, to all family; we want to see you again soon :)
By xx and yy
"

my translation is this, but I think it's wrong:

"
Gute Reise, zu aller Familie; wir wollen bald euch wieder sehen :)
By xx und yy
"

What do I wrong? Any advise is welcome :)

(if there are mistakes in my english, any correction about its is welcome, too :) )

• Hutschi

Mein Vorschlag ist:

1. Euch allen wünschen wir eine gute Reise,
    wir würden uns freuen, wenn Ihr uns bald wieder besuchen kommt. (coll.) / ... wenn Ihr bald wieder zu uns zu Besuch kommt. (standard)

2. Wir wünschen Ihnen eine gute Reise, der ganzen Familie, und wir würden uns sehr freuen, wenn Sie bald wieder zu uns zu Besuch kommen.

Note: You must use "Sie" and "Ihnen" if the family members were just visitors. You can use "Du" and "Euch" if the family members are relatives or (close) friends. You should use the same form you used until now, if any.

Could you give, please, some context about of the kind of relationship? So we can improve the proposals.

Last edited:

Whodunit

Deutschland ~ Deutsch/Sächsisch
    Hello,
    I would like to wish a very good trip to a german family that today go back in Germany (they were here for holidays).
    Now, the sentence I would use is:

"
    Good trip, to all family; we want to see you again soon :)
    By xx and yy
    In English, I'd say "Good trip to the whole family. We want to see you again soon."

my translation is this, but I think it's wrong:

"
    Gute Reise (no comma) zu der ganzen Familie; wir wollen euch bald wieder sehen :)
    By xx und yy

What do I wrong? Any advise is welcome :)
    Your translation is already quite good :thumbsup:, but let me advise you of something:

• "all (the) + noun" = "der/die/das ganze + noun"
    • in wishes, you usually omit "zu", and use the dative instead
    • the word order with adverbs is quite difficult to explain, but as far as I know the personal pronoun comes directly after the verb ;)

I hope this helps. :)

Zorinik

Italian, Sicilian
    Thank you both, you really helped me ^^

ps.

@Whodunit: thanks for the advises, I'll keep them in mind. It's a short time I'm trying to learn German, I still don't know many many things :)

@Hutschi: they are close friends, yes :)

< Previous | Next >