gracias por refrescar mis conocimientos

< Previous | Next >

flirtbaby24

Español.
Hi! Is it correct to write "Thank you so much for brushing up my english grammar"? I want to write in English " gracias por refrescar mis conocimiento en cuanto a la gramática inglesa ".

• andryuu

English - Australia
    Hey!
    Grammatically, your sentence is fine but I have a feeling that "brushing up" is considered more of an individual activity. I think it's unusual to hear of someone else "brushing up" another person's skills. I could be wrong - I wonder what other people think!

I would go with:
    Thank you for helping me to brush up (on) my English grammar.

Hope it helps :)

fenixpollo

American English
    I agree with andryuu. In American English, you can brush up on grammar, or brush up on your knowledge of grammar, but it sounds strange to say that you brush up your grammar (with no preposition). It would be even stranger to say that someone brushed up your grammar for you. I would avoid it.

flirtbaby24

Español.
    Thank you so much!.

Hey!
    Grammatically, your sentence is fine but I have a feeling that "brushing up" is considered more of an individual activity. I think it's unusual to hear of someone else "brushing up" another person's skills. I could be wrong - I wonder what other people think!

I would go with:
    Thank you for helping me to brush up (on) my English grammar.

Hope it helps :)

< Previous | Next >