graded bed

Discussion in 'Specialized Terminology' started by Perseveranza, Feb 4, 2018.

  1. Perseveranza Member

    Spanish - Argentina
    I haven´t been able to find a translation for "graded bed", as a type of layout in digging.

    "The exciting part about this dig was that the bones were in what they called a "graded bed." That means larger bones were toward the bottom of the layer, medium bones in the middle, and smaller bones were at the top of the layer."

    This is referencing a dig for dinosaur bones in the States.

    Thank you for your help!
  2. Ferrol Senior Member

    ¿Capas estratificadas?
  3. Andoush

    Andoush Senior Member

    Mallorca, Spain
    Spanish (Argentina)
    Creo que en geología se habla de "estratificación gradada". Habría que chequearlo.
  4. Perseveranza Member

    Spanish - Argentina
    ¡Muchas gracias!
    Por lo que estuve leyendo, "estratificación gradada" es el término más correcto para el contexto.
    ¡Gracias por su tiempo y devoluciones!

Share This Page