Gradinata numerata - parterre posto unico - sopraelevata numerata

tmarzullo

USA English
Greetings - I am going to buy tickets for a concert at the Nelson Mandela Forum in Firenze. These are the types of tickets available and I am trying to find out what the terms mean. Any help is appreciated. I have not been able to locate a floor plan for this venue and am really at a loss. "Numbered stairs are the most expensive and the "Numbered super high" are the cheapest. I am really interested to know if any of these mean you get an individual seat.
Grazie!
tm

• Silvia

Italian
    I would guess parterre posto unico is the most expensive, being nearer the stage, gradinata numerata would follow and then sopraelevata numerata. Of course this is just my guess. When you see "posto unico" it means that you're not given a specific place/seat, like in most movie theatres but not in the best ones.

Anyway, this is the web site, if you want to have a look at it ;)

Details of the interior

tmarzullo

USA English
    Thank you for clearing up posto unico for me. This is exactly what I wanted to know. I am trying to be sure I get a place to sit at this event and not have to stand or get trampled in some mad rush.
    Mille grazie
    tm

Silvia

Italian
    Crowd? I guess it depends on who the singer/band is ;) If you choose gradinata you can sit down for sure, the problem is, will the others sit down as well? :D If not... then you'll just hear the concert!

tmarzullo

USA English
    I purchased the gradinata seats. I kept clicking on the links you provided (I had gone from the ticket website to these links, too) and all I was seeing was crazy lines and none of the links worked. Thanks for adding the sites, because I kept saying, why would he send me to this crazy site? Then it dawned on me, try the IE browser! I was able to see the seating plan and I went ahead and got the tickets.
    Mille grazie
    tm

Mickele

Italian, Tuscany
    Ciao a tutti!

Ho un dubbio... Qual'è la traduzione più corretta per "gradinata laterale numerata"? Intendo dire: posto numerato "a sedere". Ho trovato "numbered stand" ma non mi sembra giusto e, soprattutto, non sono per niente sicuro di come rendere quel "laterale"...
    Il mio (misero) tentativo: Lateral numbered step seat. Potrebbe andare?
    :confused:Any suggestion? Thanks in advance...

TimLA

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    Hey guy.
    I think I figured out how to do it.
    Go to the website and find the aerial view of the arena,
    and compare it to this one.
    That will get us started.

It's going to be something like "side, bleachers, XXXX" etc.

Edit:**************************
    I've snooped around a bit and I think this might work in an arena/colosseum environment:

Floor/orchestra front
    Floor/orchestra back
    Tier 1, left
    Tier 1, center
    Tier 1, right
    Tier 2, left
    Tier 2, center
    Tier 2, right

and on and on...

sesse

Italian - Italy
    How would you translate parterre into English?
    It's in a brochure, where they define as AREA PARTERRE an area within a sports hall, where athlete can prepare before entering the competition area.

Ideas for an English definition?

< Previous | Next >