Senior Member
I want to say the "university launched a new undergraduate program, a new master's degree program and a new doctoral degree program"

But instead of saying master's degree or doctoral degree program, can I use a new graduate program and a post-graduate program...

I am never sure about if post-graduate program refers to a master's degree program or a doctoral program...

Or should i say doctoral program or doctorate program...

Please can somebody help me:)
  • Lis48

    Senior Member
    English - British
    A post-graduate programme refers to any course taken after a degree so could be for example, a teaching course.
    A new graduate programme and a post-graduate programme is very general and would not necessarily be at the same high level of a master's degree or doctoral degree programme.
    Doctoral is the adjective, doctorate is the noun.
    All PhDs are doctorates but not all doctorates are PhDs.
    < Previous | Next >