Grant back

Laura R

Mexico, Spanish
Morning, I am working on an Intellectual Licensing Agreement for a cooperative in CA. The owner of the intellectual property is selling a business where meal recipes are involved. The owner is selling the business to the employees, who in turn are Granting back said recipes to the owner so that she can sell cook books, etc. Here is the sentence:

WHEREAS, (new company name), on behalf of itself and (old company), now wishes to grant back to (owner of intellectual property) a non-exclusive license to the Licensed Work (as defined below);

My attemmpt,
CONSIDERANDO QUE, (nombre de nueva empresa), en su propia representación y (nombre de previa empresa), ahora desean "retroceder" a (dueña de propiedad intelectual) un convenio de licencia no exclusivo a la Obra Objeto de la Licencia (según la definición a continuación);

Grateful for you insights!

• giginho

Italiano & Piemontese
    Ciao Laura,

As far as I know, retroceder una licencia is to stop using the license giving it back to the owner. In your case to grant back means to first acquire the IP ownership and then to grant a license to the previous owner.

I'm sorry but I'm not able to help you with the translation

Laura R

Mexico, Spanish
    Ciao Laura,

As far as I know, retroceder una licencia is to stop using the license giving it back to the owner. In your case to grant back means to first acquire the IP ownership and then to grant a license to the previous owner.

I'm sorry but I'm not able to help you with the translation
    So perhaps something more along the lines of "ceder/conceder licencia/derechos"?

giginho

Italiano & Piemontese
    Sì, I think that conceder licencia could be ok. I don't feel like the sense of "back" which is missing in the Spanish version could be essential, in this case

Laura R

Mexico, Spanish
    Sì, I think that conceder licencia could be ok. I don't feel like the sense of "back" which is missing in the Spanish version could be essential, in this case
    I agree, thank you so much for your feedback. I have a little time to wait for more comments, but will use this for now.
    ¡Muchas gracias!

Joe Esquire

Spanish Spain- English US
    “Grant back” en este caso representa de devolución de la concesión a su propietario original.

Saludos,
    /je