grateful for any additional guidance

santama

English - Canada
Hello,

I am trying to translate the following sentence as a conclusion to a formal letter.

The sentence is:
"I am grateful for any additional guidance you can provide."

Context:
I am requesting additional suggestions or information on an issue. Specifically, I am being asked for information I was previously told I would not require, and cannot provide. Alternatively, I could have said "Information" rather than "guidance" but what I'm really after are suggestions from the person I am writing. Perhaps asking for "advice" seems too informal.... I do not know the person, only their name/title.

My attempt:
Le sarei grato se potesse fornire ulteriori indicazioni. La ringrazio anticipatamente per l’attenzione.

Thanks!

• Benvenuto al forum. Would "Le sarei davvero grato se potesse fornirmi / darmi degli ulteriori commenti e suggerimenti. La ringrazio anticipamente per la Sua attenzione." work?

Last edited:

santama

English - Canada
    Thanks for the reply.

That sounds better. I was debating using the word "delucidazioni" perhaps, as in:

"Le sarei davvero grato se potesse fornirmi alcune delucidazioni".

Note sure if that's proper.
    Also, does the use of "davvero" make it less formal? To my ear it seems to, but I may have that wrong.

Anna68

Italian
    Thanks for the reply.

That sounds better. I was debating using the word "delucidazioni" perhaps, as in:

"Le sarei davvero grato se potesse fornirmi alcune delucidazioni".

Note sure if that's proper.
    Also, does the use of "davvero" make it less formal? To my ear it seems to, but I may have that wrong.
    Hi, Santama. In my opinion "delucidazioni" works really well, since as far as I understand you are actually "returning" on an issue, so we're talking about, as you said, "additional information".
    I think that "davvero" is slightly less formal than "molto" or than just "grato", but it's fine anyway. :)

santama

English - Canada
    Hi, Santama. In my opinion "delucidazioni" works really well, since as far as I understand you are actually "returning" on an issue, so we're talking about, as you said, "additional information".
    I think that "davvero" is slightly less formal than "molto" or than just "grato", but it's fine anyway. :)
    Thank-you! There's my new word for the day.

< Previous | Next >