greenish substance in your nose?

< Previous | Next >


Senior Member

What do you call this greenish, or sometimes brownish, substance that you extract when poking your nose?

Thank you!
  • Davidvs91

    Senior Member
    English - American
    It would be called "nasal mucus", or just "mucus". In AmE, the slang would be "snot" When it is in the throat it would be called "phlem"


    Senior Member
    AE, Español
    "Snot" is uncountable. (Unless you're using it figuratively to refer to a bratty child, in which case you can talk about various "snots.")

    "Booger" is a single "unit" of snot; the plural "boogers" is common in AE too.

    A handkerchief is sometimes referred to, very informally, as a "snot rag."

    By the way, I congratulate you on the artful and even delicate way in which you phrased your question.
    < Previous | Next >