Griddle/ sheet pan/baking tray/baking sheet (AmE)


Senior Member
Hi everyone!

Which of these words is most commonly used in American English for the metal pan you put into the oven in order to bake bread rolls, pastries or pizzas?
  • Myridon

    Senior Member
    English - US
    For me, "cookie sheet" is the most common colloquial term. "Baking sheet" and "sheet pan" are technical terms to me. A griddle is something else.


    Senior Member
    USA, English
    My mom baked on this type of "cookie sheet":

    But there were also flat versions, which I think were used in commercial bakeries more than in home ovens. It would be easier to remove the cookies from the flat sheet:

    < Previous | Next >