Grondin (fish)


Senior Member

I'd like to know the English translation for grondin.

This is the Wikipedia link:

When I click on the English version on the left side of the page it appears to speak only about one type of grondin and I'm looking for a generic term to describe all (or some) of the species that are shown on the version.

Besides, I've found sea robin, robin fish, gurnard...if that might help someone.

  • archijacq

    Senior Member
    french France
    Anglais robin fish
    Synonyme(s) : northern searobin, common searobin, searobin, gurnard
    Autre(s) langue(s) : Prionotus carolinus
    Français grondin n. m.