groove around the bowl

Discussion in 'English Only' started by Messquito, Dec 12, 2018.

  1. Messquito

    Messquito Senior Member

    台灣台北 Taipei, Taiwan
    Chinese - Taiwan 中文 Taiwanese Hokkien 臺語
    Picture Source:
    Hi, I would like to know how a native person would normally describe this type of "stacking bowls", which, in side profile, kind of have on both sides an "abrupt recession" near the bottom in order for them to fit neatly bowl upon bowl, instead of a regular "tapered curve".
    This would be my shot:
    These bowls have a groove around the bottom to make them easily stacked.
  2. Barque Senior Member

    You need " make them easily stackable".

    But I prefer that they can be easily stacked or ...that allows them to be stacked easily.

    I see the link uses the words "Designed to stack".

Share This Page